August 4 - 7, 2017: Symphony Splash Weekend (BC Day)
The Symphony Splash performance is on Sunday August 6, 2017. The evening concert begins at 19:30.
The sun sets to the sounds of the Victoria Symphony performing for a hushed crowd gathered on the shores around the Inner Harbour. Kayaks and dinghies bob around the barge upon which the Symphony plays. The sky darkens, the city lights warm the horizon, and eventually the unmistakable notes of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture mark the beginning of the end of this spectacular concert on the water. The music builds, reaches its crescendo when the cannons explode and the sky erupts into fireworks! Everyone is on their feet clapping and whistling their appreciation for one of the finest weekends of the year.
The “Splash” weekend is our busiest weekend of the year. Reservations are needed and spots fill up fast. A portion of our marinas will be reserved for groups and the rest will be available to individual boaters.
- We will accept online reservation requests for this event starting on November 1, 2016. No phone reservations please.
- There is a 2-night minimum for reservations.
- All boats reserving for August 4, 5, 6 or 7, 2017 will be charged a non-refundable, non-transferable reservation fee.
|Length Over Water||Splash Reservation Fee|
|0' - 29'||$35.00|
|30' - 45'||$45.00|
|46' - 60'||$50.00|
|61' - 100'||$60.00|
Information for your visit to Victoria:
- Reservations guarantee moorage space, not power.
- Reservation fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, even within groups.
- A reservation cancellation must be received no less than 7 days prior to arrival, or one day of moorage will be charged - except in the event of a Strong Wind Warning or greater as issued by the Government of Canada.
- Rafting is mandatory. It’s not common except during events. While we do all we can to place friends together, we may place strangers together if there is call for it. Please place fenders on both sides of your boat.
- Vessels entering Canada must clear Customs. For information about procedures and location of the Customs dock, go to our Customs Page.
Boaters NOT Travelling with a group to the Symphony Splash
- If you are NOT travelling with a group, simply fill out the online reservation request form. Give us five working days to reply to your request as we work through the complex linear mapping process.
- If we can fit you on the docks, we’ll charge a reservation fee at the time the reservation is made.
- Once the reservation has been charged, we will send a confirmation email with lots of great, helpful information about your reservation and Victoria.
- Once the docks are fully booked, we will start a waitlist. There is no charge to be on the waitlist.
- Transport Canada usually permits anchoring in a limited location for a few hours on the evening of the 'Splash'. If you are waitlisted and we can’t get you onto a dock, this might be an option for you.
Boaters Travelling WITH a group to the Symphony Splash
- Reserve through your group organizer, not directly with GVHA. We will contact you to confirm information and arrange payment.
- Prior to contacting GVHA, please download and fill out the Group Organizer’s Reservation Form using the Excel or fillable PDF format (choose ONE).
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will contact you (the organizer) within two working days for an initial consultation.
- We will then set up a preliminary map, based on the information in the Group Organizer’s Reservation Form.
- We will contact each person on the list to confirm details and collect reservation fees.
- We will refine the map based on any changes we get from group members.
- We will then send you, the organizer, a map and will work with you on any necessary changes.
- We ask that any changes be completed and the booking be finalized within 3 weeks of the group’s arrival date.
- If we cannot fit your group, or the entire group, onto the docks, we will begin a waitlist. There is no fee for being on the waitlist. If a group member does not wish to stay with the group, they may remove themselves from the group list and apply for reservations as an individual.