The Ogden Point Breakwater is 100 years old in 2017!
GVHA is hosting Breakfast at the Breakwater to celebrate.
Saturday, September 23
8:30 am to 11:00 am
Historic storytelling walk on the Breakwater with Denton Pendergast of Victoria Harbour History
Instagram walk, with an introduction by historian Denton Pendergast
*Tag your photo with #breakwater100 for a chance to win gift cards from Murchie’s and Empire Donuts
Look for our Breakwater 100 tent opposite the pilot boats at Ogden Point, and drop in for:
• Views of the Breakwater through the years: photos from the Times Colonist and BC Archives
• Free Empire donuts (first come, first served!)
• Coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, courtesy of Breakwater Bistro
• Kids activities, including face painting by Karen Husted
• Donations accepted, with all proceeds going to the James Bay Community Project
Enter our Photo Contest!
Share your memories of this community treasure. Old family photos? Special moments? We want to see them! Tag us or send us your best Breakwater shots: pets, family, sunrises, surprise us!
Prizes from our community partners. Deadline for submissions is Oct.31 at 12:00am.