General Marina Policies
- Rafting is mandatory at all facilities when necessary
- Docks are to be kept free of all chattels and encumbrances at all times
- Please do not place dinghies, ladders or any other potential obstructions on GVHA docks. In consideration of other marina visitors, respectable noise levels must be maintained and any gatherings or other activities kept contained while moored at GVHA facilities. Quiet hours are 22:00 to 07:00.
- Generators cannot be run from 21:00 to 07:00.
- While on the docks, children under the age of 12 years SHOULD be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All pets visiting the marinas MUST BE ON A LEASH and accompanied by their owners at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up any pet waste deposited at GVHA facilities. Baggies are provided on the docks.
- For safety reasons, rollerblading, skateboarding, bicycle or scooter riding is not permitted on GVHA docks or the Lower Causeway walkway.
- Use of electricity, if not previously arranged, requires immediate payment
- Lines must be adequate and sufficient in such a way as to be safe in any type of weather. Nylon or polypropylene lines are not acceptable.
Electrical connections to vessels must be marine grade power cords with watertight molded plugs that meet fire regulations and the local electrical code. The following criteria are mandatory:
- 20 amp plug requires minimum 12/3 wire
- 30 amp plug requires minimum 10/3 wire
- All cords must be suitable for outdoor use
- Cord caps must be corrosion resistant
- Cords must be connected securely to a cord cap
There must be no tape anywhere along the cord or at the cord/cap/connector junctions
Daily Customer Information
Vessels are welcome to check in after 13:00. Check out time is 11:00. Vessels staying beyond this time will be charged up to another night's moorage unless prior arrangements have been made.
Vessels should hail 'Greater Victoria Harbour Authority' on VHF radio 66A.
Monthly and Longer Term Customer Directives
Canadian Fishing Vessels
- CFVs have the exclusive use of designated fingers at Fisherman's Wharf only
- Vessels over 50'/15m must make prior arrangements before tying up
- Yellow loading zones must be observed
- Moorage is due upon arrival
- Prepaid moorage is due upon reminder
Daily Commercial Customers
Daily commercial customers are subject to the same directives as Daily customers.
You agree to pay all fees identified on the front page of this agreement, and you agree that such fees are non-refundable except as set out in these 'Terms and Conditions.' Once a reservation is approved by GVHA, an encrypted credit card will be kept on file for processing the reservation fee and holding the moorage reservation. No moorage fee will be charged until guest checks-in or does not meet the cancellation policy 'Terms and Conditions.'
Prepaid daily moorage fees may only be refunded under special circumstances and at the discretion of GVHA.
Moorage Cancellation Terms & Conditions
If the reservation dates need to be changed or cancelled, customers must advise 'Reservations' in writing, at least 48 hours before arrival date or for holiday weekend, 1 week in advance. Late cancellation or no-show will result in the customer being charged one full day of moorage and the reservation will be cancelled.