Assistant Controller (12 – 15 month Maternity Leave Term Position)
Chemistry Consulting Group has been retained to search for an Assistant Controller on behalf of Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA). This exciting 12 to 15 month term position is responsible for participating in and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the finance department, providing clear and accurate financial reports, budgets and forecasts.
In order to ensure the success of both the Assistant Controller and Greater Victoria Harbour Authority, this role requires a CPA designation (preferred) and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains together with:
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in Controller type role
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations preferred
- Extensive experience using accounting software
- Proficient with various software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Share Point
- Experience compiling and interpreting data, budgets and statistical analysis
- Experience working with a Board of Directors an asset
- Experience in full cycle accounting
- Experience researching, analyzing, interpreting, evaluating and developing solutions using complex data to produce recommendations to a Board
- Experience developing and preparing a variety of written reports, analysis, forecasting, presentations and other documentation in accordance with Board directives or regulatory guidelines
- Excellent communication, strategic planning, negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
To be considered for this remarkable opportunity please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations by Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 to Sheenagh Beadell at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your application and interest but only those suitably qualified will be contacted for further discussions.