What is a Master Plan?
Masterplans are generally broken into three key components that are comprised of a development strategy: what is needed and viable over a given time; the Plan: the detailed layout and supporting details and controls for the property, and Implementation: the proposed development timetable for the property. In summary a masterplan is a cohesive and detailed plan that provides a vision and roadmap for development over a given period of time. A key objective of a masterplan is providing certainty and clarity to the property owners, the municipality, stakeholders and the community at large.
Between 2008 and 2013, Phase 1 (technical feasibility study) and Phase 2 (market assessment) of the Ogden Point Master Plan process were completed. Over the course of 2015 and 2016 Phase 3, The Functional and Facilities Plan and Phase 4, The Ogden Point Masterplan Document will be completed. The Functional and Facilities Plan will focus on the strategic development of Ogden Point, determining what is viable in the near and long term for the site, and how it will impact or benefit the GVHA and stakeholders. The Functional and Facilities Plan remains high level and diagrammatic. Phase 4 – The Masterplan – focuses on the detailed development of the preferred strategic plan for Ogden Point and will comprise of an illustrated layout plan of the property over the near, medium and long term. This will be supported by development guidelines and controls for architecture, landscape and infrastructure. An implementation plan will also be included to provide guidance of when and how development will likely occur over the next 30+ years.
It is anticipated that the Phase 3 Functional Facilities Plan will be completed by early November 2015 and the Phase 4 Master Plan will be completed by December 2016. In parallel with the Masterplan preparation a rezoning application will be prepared and submitted to the City of Victoria.
Share your ideas about how we can realize Ogden Point's potential. Visit the MindMixer page - Let's Talk... Ogden Point.
If you want to be notified by email of important updates to the Ogden Point Master Plan, signup to the mailing list for the project below:
- Ogden Point Master Plan Final Draft – December 2016
- Master Plan Update - Information Session Boards - Oct 4, 2016
- Master Plan Update - Information Session Presentation - Oct 4, 2016
- Functional & Facilities Plan - July 13, 2016
- Master Plan Update - Information Session Boards - June 22, 2016
- Master Plan Update - Information Sessions Presentation - June 22, 2016
- Community Feedback Summary - February 2016 Community Conversation
- February 2016 - Community Conversation - Stantec Presentation (PPT)
- February 2016 - Community Conversation - Information Boards (PDF)
- Ogden Point Master Plan & Rezoning Application Engagement Plan 2015–2016
- Ogden Point Functional & Facilities Plan (Phase 3) - Information Session
- Community Feedback Summary - November 2015 Community Conversation